Aurelia with JavaScriptServices: Call to Node module failed

This is going to be a quick post on how to solve an error I go on a new Aurelia project created using JavaScriptServices. For a walk though of creating a project using JavaScripServices check out this post.

The problem

The project got created and would build with no issues, but when I tried to run it I got the following error.

Call to Node module failed with error: Error: Cannot find module ‘./wwwroot/dist/vendor-manifest.json’

The fix

After a little bit of searching I came across this issue on the JavaScriptServices repo with the same error. One of the comments on the issue suggested running the following command from a command prompt in the same directory as your project.

After running that command everything worked like a charm! It is worth noting that the command above can be found in project.json in the scripts prepublish section. From the little bit of reading I did it looks like this command should be rerun anytime a new vendor dependency is added.

JavaScriptServices

I can’t get over how awesome JavaScriptServies is. Steve Sanderson (and team) have done an amazing job. Even with this little hiccup I got this new project up and running 10 times faster than I would have otherwise. It is also going to give me a push to look into webpack.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *